Introduction

My name is Mario Louka and I am a media student at the Latymer School. My candidate number is 9099 and I am working with Eddie Rowe (9147) and Ignacio Flores (9049) collectively in group 2.

In order to view my work please click on the 3 labels named 'A2 Research + Planning', 'A2 Construction' and 'A2 Evaluation'.ick above to enter the website

Above is our album cover.

My Music Video

Click below for our Music Video


Click above to enter the website

Thursday 25 September 2014

Continuity Sequence Homework



1. We attempted to use a few techniques to attempt to aid the narrative flow. The first of which was match on match action. We tried to do this when I see the glass of water and then when the camera zooms into my face, I'm still in the same position. This is a good use of using a range of shots lengths in steps too as to not confuse the audience and add to the narrative flow. We went from a long shot to a MCU and then back to a long shot which helps to keeps the shots flowing and therefore make the scene not seem to jumpy. The acting was also to quite a high standard and we also used a nice pan in the first scene to establish the setting.

2. There are a number of things we can improve on in hindsight. The first of which is our mainly poor use of match on match action. I end the 2nd scene running through the field and start the 3rd scene from behind the table looking as if I've come out of the canteen. This can really confuse the audience and can make them completely lose their bearings as well as coming off as jumpy. We also broke the 30 Degree rule in the last scene as the last shot is from a similar position to the one before but is from a slightly lower position. The shot just looks wrong and glitchy so we need to try and avoid doing this again in future. Due to the fact that we were unable to edit, we couldn't cut out the laughing in one of the shots.

1 comment:

  1. Sound understanding of continuity techniques demonstrated - well done Mario!

    ReplyDelete