Introduction

My name is Mario Louka and I am a media student at the Latymer School. My candidate number is 9099 and I am working with Eddie Rowe (9147) and Ignacio Flores (9049) collectively in group 2.

In order to view my work please click on the 3 labels named 'A2 Research + Planning', 'A2 Construction' and 'A2 Evaluation'.ick above to enter the website

Above is our album cover.

My Music Video

Click below for our Music Video


Click above to enter the website

Monday 22 September 2014

My Film Still



I feel the genre of Drama/Thriller is portrayed well through the use of props (the stand) and also by the fact that I am standing higher than the camera to indicate the power of my character. I am also in the centre of the screen highlighting that I am the focus of the shot.

I stood on a higher level than the camera, as I was on the stage. I also look past the camera in the shot which indicates that I am talking to many people. The lighting is darker directly behind me which foregrounds my character also.

The intention was to communicate the power and stature of my character. The brightness of the light on one side of me was a subtle hint to my dual personality. Also, the fact that part of my body was being covered by the stand represented that my character may be hiding something.

I believe the shot is successful at conveying the power and importance of my character. The height is the main factor behind this but also the pose of my character definitely supplements this. The lighting helps my character to stand out from the background which therefore foregrounds my character. I feel for a keen eyed audience, the shot is also quite good at identifying possible problems with my character e.g. the dark side vs the bright side.

I feel if my character was in a more appropriate costume, this would definitely add to the shot. I also feel that some of the meanings from the shot may be a bit too implicit and hard for the audience to identify e.g. the lighting on my left compared the the lighting on my right.

1 comment:

  1. Good, thorough analysis and some useful reflections. Try to build in more terminology, such as low angle shot and the chosen framing. Good work Mario.

    ReplyDelete