Introduction

My name is Mario Louka and I am a media student at the Latymer School. My candidate number is 9099 and I am working with Eddie Rowe (9147) and Ignacio Flores (9049) collectively in group 2.

In order to view my work please click on the 3 labels named 'A2 Research + Planning', 'A2 Construction' and 'A2 Evaluation'.ick above to enter the website

Above is our album cover.

My Music Video

Click below for our Music Video


Click above to enter the website

Tuesday 30 June 2015

1. Did you enjoy the main workshop shoot day? What role(s) did you take and what did you learn? What were your best bits and why?

I found the workshop shoot day to be a very long and tiring day but a very enjoyable one with a chance to experience a lot of new things. When I was in front of the camera, I played the drummer but my job didn't end there as when behind the camera, I was helping with cable bashing, using the clapper board and reflecting light.


    Playing the drums
  • I was the drummer for Band 1, which was one of the roles that I was happy to play. It was quite difficult to play as the drummer was the only role where you actually had to play the instrument rather than just miming it. This made it quite distracting as I have no drum experience so was pretty much just making random noises. However, after a few days of getting used to this, I learnt to ignore the sound and really focussed on the importance of gesture and facial expression.
    Cable bashing for Shayam with Monica pushing the dolly
  • Cable bashing involved keeping the cables aware from Jack, out cameraman, so he wouldn't trip up whilst filming. We practised in the lead up to the shoot and on the day, I did a lot of cable bashing. It was particularly important on the handheld shots where we had to be I had to be ready to move quickly to keep the cables away from Jack.

  • Reflecting light was something new to me. It required me to hold a large reflector and keep still during the shot. This was sometimes quite hard as some of the shots were quite long and it was hard not to move.
  • The reflector on its stand
  • Clapper boarding was nothing new to me but it was interesting that we didn't need to actually need to clap the board seeing as we weren't going to be using any of the sound in editing

  • I tried to find out as much as possible about the industry as we were working with professionals. Jack taught us about a range of different lenses and what they did which I found very interesting.



Here is a timelapse showing what happened on set.

No comments:

Post a Comment