Introduction

My name is Mario Louka and I am a media student at the Latymer School. My candidate number is 9099 and I am working with Eddie Rowe (9147) and Ignacio Flores (9049) collectively in group 2.

In order to view my work please click on the 3 labels named 'A2 Research + Planning', 'A2 Construction' and 'A2 Evaluation'.ick above to enter the website

Above is our album cover.

My Music Video

Click below for our Music Video


Click above to enter the website

Tuesday 30 June 2015

2. What have you learnt from participating in each prelim tasks 1,2,3 and 5?



Task 1: The Audition Video

For task 1, we had to lipsync the song and I realised the importance of really exaggerating our perfomance. However, as I was not that confident on the words, this came across quite clearly in the video as there was a bit of a lack of emphasis on performance by myself. It was also helpful for giving us a basic understanding of how music videos are created in the edit and the layering up of shots on the timeline.

Working with Jasmine to get into role
Task 2: Learn and practise your performance

I was assigned the role of drummer and I learnt the importance of warming up and stretching out before performance. Once this was done, the focus was on becoming the character. The drummer is extremely energetic meaning we had to portray this. There was a particular emphasis on body language and facial expression as this could really make the difference between an average performance and a realistic performance.

Task 3: Help to plan and organize your costume
Our headshots were sent to the make up artist
My finished costume

Task 3 involved pulling outfits together from a huge range of sources; all of us brought in items of clothing that could fit one of the roles of the band and we borrowed clothing from each other. I found that even though we could match the costume perfectly in most cases, sometimes, we did even more to enhance it. For example, I had an orange streak through my hair and wore guyliner to get more into the 'rock look'.

Task 5: Editing
Eddie and I editing
A shot after grading

Task 5 was really eye-opening into the amount of effort that goes into editing a music video. Syncing the clips to the music was only the beginning of what we had to do as after this, we had to flip, grade and add flashes to shots, all of which took a very long time compared to how long the desired effect actually lasts. I found the most interesting part of the edit to be the addition of the 'luma corrector' tool which we could use to add flashes into the shots. However, the amount of time that went into one shot was very surprising but very worth it in the end after seeing how our finished remake looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment