Introduction

My name is Mario Louka and I am a media student at the Latymer School. My candidate number is 9099 and I am working with Eddie Rowe (9147) and Ignacio Flores (9049) collectively in group 2.

In order to view my work please click on the 3 labels named 'A2 Research + Planning', 'A2 Construction' and 'A2 Evaluation'.ick above to enter the website

Above is our album cover.

My Music Video

Click below for our Music Video


Click above to enter the website

Thursday 19 March 2015

Construction Post 8: My Personal Contribution to the Edit Sessions

I believe the whole group was very involved with the editing but the role of myself compared to those of Angela and Thakshana were different due to the fact that I was on my Geography AS Field Trip during the 2nd week of editing.

This meant that I had a very hands on approach in the first week with the editing together of the basic cut whereas Thakshana and Angela were very involved in the finishing touches such as grading and sound adjustment, even though they were present for most of the cutting together of the basic cut and did some of it themselves. In the same way, I tried to keep in touch via our whatsapp group for the 2nd week.

My Personal Contribution

  • Cut together the majority of the basic sequence with the help of Angela and Thakshana, attention to detail was key here to ensure the perfect matches on action and avoid a jumpy/glitchy look to our opening
  • I recorded the voice-over, cut it and implemented it into our opening
  • I created most of the basic titles, however, these were changed in the 2nd week to better ones by Angela and Thakshana
  • After our back-up shoot, I put the new shots into the sequence as this was on the Monday before I left for the Field Trip
Me cutting together the basic sequence
Me recording the voice-over














The editing process was my favourite part of the course as this is where our opening really came together. I learnt quite a lot about really paying attention to detail to achieve those matches on action which can change how professional the whole opening looks. However, I'm slightly disappointed that I didn't get the chance to experiment with grading myself due to the timing of my Field Trip and if I was given the chance to edit again, I would definitely play about with the grading to see what I could achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment