Introduction

My name is Mario Louka and I am a media student at the Latymer School. My candidate number is 9099 and I am working with Eddie Rowe (9147) and Ignacio Flores (9049) collectively in group 2.

In order to view my work please click on the 3 labels named 'A2 Research + Planning', 'A2 Construction' and 'A2 Evaluation'.ick above to enter the website

Above is our album cover.

My Music Video

Click below for our Music Video


Click above to enter the website

Tuesday 8 December 2015

R+P Post 11: Artist websites that have inspired and influenced my ideas

Homepage
Calvin Harris
Homepage with nav bar out
The first website I researched was Calvin Harris' website (calvinharris.co.uk). As soon as you got onto the homepage, the first thing you could see was a brand new video at the centre of your screen. I feel this already offers interactive content as the first thing you do. The interactivity continues with the navigation bar. You have to click it to go in and out which not only looks sleek but also offers something to do.

His video page
His video page once again featured a huge video portal where you could watch his newest music videos. The style of the page was very much in keeping with the rest of the website which had a very sleek style to it yet still functional and informative. With a wide range of content too, his website is one of the better websites for artists that I've seen.


Disclosure
Disclosure's website (www.disclosureofficial.com) also had some great examples on it of what we could do. I liked the fact that they had an entry page prior to entering the main website as it gave an insight of what was on it.
Disclosure's entry page

Disclosure's gallery was also quite nice as it featured their Instagram feed showing synergy, something we aim to achieve. The way the photos are laid out also looks visually appealing like small polaroids.


Finally, I really liked Disclosure's store, it featured a range of branded merchandise along with standard and limited edition albums. I like how they have albums as the first items for sale as this is more likely to be seen first. This is something we will try and do on our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment